Terms of service and other legal requirements.
pico.sh services exist to promote communication and collaboration on the web and be a place of experimentation for its userbase.
You are eligible to enter this Contract and you are at least our "Minimum Age."
"Minimum Age" means 13 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older for pico.sh to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
To use pico.sh services, you agree that:
- You must be the "Minimum Age" or older; and
- You are not already restricted from using the services.
# Code of Content Publication
Content in pico.sh services is unfiltered and unmonitored. Users are free to publish any combination of words and pixels except for: content of animosity or disparagement of an individual or a group on account of a group characteristic such as race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or sexual orientation, which will be taken down immediately.
If one notices something along those lines in a blog please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
# DMCA Policy
This policy statement lists our requirements for notice of copyright infringement and for responses to such a notice if you or your materials are accused.
To notify us of copyright infringement, you must send a written communication to our Copyright Notices Department, at the contact points listed below.
That written communication should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please send all notices required by this policy to our Copyright Notice Department at:
206 E Huron St STE 103
Ann Arbor MI 48104
The user expressly understands and agrees that pico.sh, the operator of this website shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to them or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages.
We are committed to zero browser-based tracking or trying to identify visitors. This means we do not try to understand the user based on cookies or IP address. We do not store personally identifiable information.
However, in order to provide a better service, we do have some analytics on content. List of metrics we track for content:
- anonymous view counts
We might also inspect the headers of HTTP requests to determine some tertiary information about the request. For example we might inspect the User-Agent or Referer to filter out requests from bots.
# Account Terms
The user is responsible for all content posted and all actions performed with their account. We reserve the right to disable or delete a user's account for any reason at any time. We have this clause because, statistically speaking, there will be people trying to do something nefarious.
# Service Availability
We provide pico.sh services on an "as is" and "as available" basis. We do not offer service-level agreements but do take uptime seriously.
# Contact and Support
Email us at email@example.com with any questions.
In particular we would like to thank the following communities: